Welcome to the web page of the University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras Campus- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee of the (UPR-RRP-IACUC). The UPR-RRP-IACUC oversees the Program of Animal Care and Use in our Institution. Our committee was constituted to comply with the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) and the Public Health Service (PHS).
Here you will find information regarding:
- Applicable state and federal laws;
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Program;
- UPR-RRP-IACUC authority, composition, responsibilities and standard operational procedures;
- UPR-RRP-IACUC calendar;
- Activities involving the use the use of animals in our Institution (protocol review);
- Concerns on animal care or use; and
- Useful links.
We recommend all researchers, students and personnel working with animals in a previously approved protocol or planning to do so in the future, to familiarize themselves with all the topics in this web page and to explore the Useful Links section to learn more about this topic. If you have any doubt or any concern regarding the care and use of animals in our Institution please contact us at IACUC.